How to Make Technology Invisible in Your Home
It’s 2018 – technology is here to stay. In fact, more advancements and devices launch each year for us to use in our daily lives, including our homes. Now, not all these devices are aesthetically pleasing. Some are big and bulky and can be eyesores in the home. Even the sleeker designs just aren’t attractive to some people, and putting these devices in a room can disrupt a design flow or theme. Whether it’s speakers or a TV, there are many ways for you to incorporate these into your home in an aesthetically pleasing way.
For this article, our team at Luxury Home Solutions wanted to share with you the different ways to make technology hidden or seemingly invisible in your home.
- Hide a TV in a kitchen island. Build the tv into the island so it can lift up whenever you want to use it, and you can push it down and make it disappear when it isn’t in use.
- Mount a TV to the wall and build a slide panel to cover it when it is not in use.
- Instead of a panel, slide artwork to hide a TV or speakers.
- Hide a TV or speakers with folded doors. When the doors are closed, a unique design element in the room is created. You won’t even know the TV is there!
- Install motorized panels to cover a TV, speakers or gaming system.
- Hide printers in drawers of a bureau or desk.
- Hide wires by running them through decorative boxes or books on shelves.
- Design a drawer in your kitchen to be a charging station so all of your devices can plug in and charge out of sight.
If you have multiple TVs, computers, speakers, and more, let us help you find ways to creatively hide and store these pieces so they don’t compromise the beauty of your rooms. Our team of design professionals will work with you from concept to finish to incorporate technology into any room you need. Luxury Home Solutions builds custom luxury homes and completes home renovations in Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Marco Island, and other cities in Southwest Florida. Call us at 239-728-2143 or click our Naples custom home builder contact page to get started today on your dream home!